Sorry, no posts matched your criteria
Thank you all for continued support of The Nest Theatre during these difficult times. As you can imagine, things are running differently for the entire planet. We had announced on 3/13 that programming would be on hold through 3/31 after running shows 3/13 & 14 (choosing to purposely sell at half capacity to provide social distancing for the audience). Currently the government has requested we all stay at home and stay safe. As of 6/2 we must still remain closed until the government says otherwise and we feel we can conduct business safely for our performers and for you. Since our business is primarily one gathering, it may be awhile until we can safely get back together.
In addition, as the world in crying out for racial equality, you may notice our online programming and show being put on hold. There is a fine line between “relief” and “distraction.” While we feel continuing our shows online was in efforts of relief during COVID, we feel it would be more of a distraction from more important matters in our city, our nation, our planet. We’re sure hoping that healing will come from this. No matter what your view of the world, take these simple improv lessons to help guide you through your days. 1) Listen: in improv we can’t help our scene partner if we’re not listening to them. 2) “Yes, And…”: accept what your scene partner has said is true, and add to it with your voice. 3) Support: if you deny your partner, you’ve left them out there alone, and now you, too, are alone. 4) Trust: let go of needing those three things from your partner. Trust that if you put all of your efforts into GIVING those things your partner will feel compelled to do the same out of trust. 5) Safety: Stay as safe as you can, and keep your partner safe.
Thank you. And thank you for your support.
“Should I buy tickets to later shows to help support?”
Here are some great things you can do to help us out while this is all happening:
1) we will be presenting Virtual Shows via Facebook Live throughout the quarantine.
2) we have a DONATE button on our main site menu and down below. If you are in a position to donate, we sure would appreciate it.
3) we will be opening up GIFT CERTIFICATES. These will be available in show prices and class prices.
4) brush up on your improv learning through our SHOP. We’ll be providing links to improv books that are chalk full of information to accompany your improv learning at The Nest.
5) Watch our fun events on our Facebook page (The Nest Theatre). Not only will Nest players be doing a handful of streaming shows, but they will be hosting activities and events that you can participate in along with us! We’re all going to need a bit of distraction and a lot of laughs.
“Anything else I should do?”
-Stay smart and stay safe.
We look forward to seeing you again IN PERSON!
Tara and Rance
Owners of The Nest Theatre