Improv4kids Summer Camp
June 24-28 Mon-Fri 10am-4pm (9:45am drop off; Lunch 12:30-1)
Orientation Monday morning, June 24th (10am – 15 minutes with one guardian present)
Show Friday at 2:30pm
Do you know a funny kid just itching to get on stage? Loves playing? Creative thinker? Lots of energy? Smart, thoughtful, kind? Do you want that child to thrive by learning collaboration and feeling joy by co-creating with others? Improvisation is the way! Welcome to The Nest Theatre’s Summer Camp, a one-week experience for kids 11-16 to try improv and play their hearts out.
All kinds of people do improvisation; The benefits are multiple in the regular world – both for the extroverts that are seeking focus and sharpness, and the witty introverts that just need a little encouragement towards confident behavior. At the Nest, we truly believe if all teenagers had an improv class in formative years, the world would be a better place.
Come play with us and see for yourself the change and joy this artform can bring!
The week includes:
- Playing classic theatre games (designed for children and now used as a performance tool) each day!
- Joining others their age in the Columbus area interested in comedy and theatre at the ONLY dedicated space for improvisation and education!
- Meeting professional performers on Day One who tour globally doing improvisation for a living!
- Showcasing the fun on their own show Friday at 2:30pm on our stage, for family and friends!
- Getting 2 special tickets to our ComedySportz mainstage show Saturday 6/29 8pm for them and a guardian or friend, inclusive!
- Their own Nest SWAG!